Before you submit your photos be sure that you're already a member of Pusong Pinoy, how to become a member? it's simple, just like them on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PusongPinoy.org and learn more.
Pusong Pinoy is asking ALL professional and amateur photographers, Heroes and PP Superheroes to submit images which will help us to tell the Pusong Pinoy story and raise awareness of its cause. Sharing your photographs will help us to further our cause – to help eradicate poverty through the improvement of literacy for Filipino children.
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY PHOTO?
It will join others in a selection process. If selected, your photo will be printed to A3 size and exhibited in the Pusong Pinoy “Children First” International exhibition in Edinburgh. Your valuable contribution will be acknowledged. You retain copyright.
WHAT KIND OF PHOTOS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for photos which illustrate Filipino child poverty as well as the positive actions that Pusong Pinoy has taken to alleviate it. Here are some ideas on which photos will qualify for exhibition consideration.
- Pusong Pinoy: the beginning (how it all began)
- Donors with collected books
- Book drives (books being collected at events, in cars, in garages, etc.)
- Mobile or transportable libraries / reading centers (ex. BOOKlatan sa Taal, Baclayon’s Books on Wheels, De La Salle Book Mobile Reading Program)
- Boxes being shipped
- Reading programs showing shelves or crates of books, volunteers and children
- A volunteer reading a story to a child
- Kids reading
- Recipients themselves showing different kinds of emotions
- Scholars at De La Salle Lipa
- Turnovers of books, school supplies, Christmas packs, food to recipients in the Philippines
- Christmas project (Pamaskong Pusong Pinoy)
- Birthday blowout
- Kids eating, reading, listening to storytelling
- Kids happily inspecting their goody bags School supply distribution
- Pictures of sad kids, or happy kids in a sad background.
- PP Superheroes working
- PP Superheroes delivering packages
WHICH ASPECTS WILL GET VISITORS CONCERNED AND INTERESTED?
- The Philippines
- Poverty in the Philippines
- Filipino childhood
- Filipino kids at play
- Filipino life street life in the Philippines
- Learning in the Philippines
- Children’s successes
- PP work- making a difference
- The work of recipient organizations
HOW DO WE SUBMIT OUR PHOTOGRAPHS?
If you feel that you have strong images, please get in touch with Pusong Pinoy, through any PP Superhero, via Facebook, or email your entries directly to:
Douglas Inness (PPC Link)
Scottish Pusong Pinoy Coordinator
Email address: email@example.com
We prefer the original photo files from your hard drives. Jpegs are fine. This ensures the best quality for printing. Photos posted on Facebook are reduced in size, decreasing their resolution. To ensure that we get the best quality photos, please email the photos in their original sizes. Of course, if you have a great image, just get in touch!
PLEASE VISIT https://www.facebook.com/PusongPinoy.org